Test your NameVirtualHost setup from the local box using links and some
simple /etc/hosts aliases to make sure that everything points to
127.0.0.1. That address shouldn't change :-) Once you're sure you've
done virtual hosts right, then you can get into the address change. The
default Apache install on MDK has no issues with dynamic IPs in my
experience, and there's no need to be messing with Rewrites, so chances
are good you don't have virtuals done right. Post your
/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf and maybe something obvious will crop
up.

Jack

--
Jack Coates