K3B is your friend. So is eRoaster.

Regards,

Jason

Phil wrote:
Hello All,

While demonstrating the merits of Linux to an acquaintance I was asked to burn
an mp3 file to a CD in audio format. This is where my troubles started.

Xcdroast apparently will only accept wave files, and Gnome Toaster would only
burn the mp3 file as a data file no matter what setting I tried.

I tried mpg123 to convert the mp3 file to a wave file but that failed also.
mpg123 -w mp3file wavefile does nothing except display the help screen.
mpg123 --wav mp3file wavefile at least does something if only to create an
empty file named wavefile.

This has been an exercise in frustration compounded by the fact that I was
able the create an audio CD under MS Windows using Nero in a couple of
minutes and I have never used Nero before!

I use cdrecord to create back-ups but I have never had a need to create an
audio CD. How do I do this? Past messages suggest the Gnome Toaster is the
answer. Maybe the version supplied with Mandrake 9 is not working correctly?