On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:06:03 +0100
Wolfgang Bornath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know where the error during installation of the kernel packet
> comes from. The CD is ok, ISO downloaded with wget, burned with
> cdrecord and md5sum checked.
>
> I'll have another try tomorrow.

I would not look for much difference in the outcome tomorrow.

I experienced almost the identical scenario on my 650 Athlon, though I
did not get the kernel error.

At the System info screen I kept selecting a different item and hitting
next/previous and anything else that looked like a button and finally
the installation went to the next level.

To cap my successful installation at first boot I was greeted by a host
of modules not found errors, no sound, no network, blah, blah, blah

BTW for the Beta1 unless it fails X is auto-configured without allowance
for user input.

    Charles

Wit, n.:
        The salt with which the American Humorist spoils his cookery
        ... by leaving it out.
Mandrake Linux 9.1
Kernel- 2.4.21-1mdk