On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:09:02 +0100
"H.J.Bathoorn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Strange I had no mishaps like that whatso-ever not on the upgrade nor
> on the clean install. I got mine off the nluug ftp site.

I also got mine from there.

The installer will work and perform differently on different
systems/hardware.
This is one of the things the Beta is to help identify so that in the
subsequent betas/rcs,final all or at least as many as is possible
hardware variations can be taken into account and the installer can
perform to the same level and with a high 5 of success.

> X was indeed automatically configured which is risky indeed.
>
> On the other hand my printer didn't install at least it didn't seem to
> although it was recognized just fine.
> Never got round to trying it though, I've already hosed up the
> clean-install when trying to get the Nvidia drivers working=:o(
> Should've known it wouldn't work.

Unless I missed it on the cooker list recently, at the moment, on
some systems to use the nvidia drivers you need to append lilo and boot
with apci=off

    Charles

Some of my readers ask me what a "Serial Port" is.
The answer is: I don't know.
Is it some kind of wine you have with breakfast?
Mandrake Linux 9.1
Kernel- 2.4.21-1mdk