Mark Weaver wrote:
On Tuesday 14 January 2003 09:59 am, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:

All;
Ok, I've had enough spam for one lifetime.. ;)

I'm trying to get postfix to start filtering spam. It "will".

What I've added so far is:
(from the relevant section of main.cf)

# --------------------------------------------------------------------
# SPAM FILTER SECTION STARTS
#
# Look more info about spam filtering options at
# http://www.postfix.org/uce.html
#
# Open Relay Database filtering, look more info at
# http://www.ordb.org/
#
# Comments and improvements are welcome.
#
maps_rbl_domains =
        blackholes.mail-abuse.org,
        relays.ordb.org,
        blackholes.wirehub.net,
        relays.osirusoft.com,
        blackholes.five-ten-sg.com

disable_vrfy_command = yes
smtpd_helo_required = yes
strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        permit_mynetworks,
        reject_unauth_destination,
        check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/good_recipient.map,
        reject_unauth_pipelining,
        reject_invalid_hostname,
        reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
        reject_non_fqdn_sender,
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
        reject_maps_rbl,
        reject_unknown_client,
        reject_unknown_hostname,
        reject_unknown_sender_domain,
        reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
        permit

/etc/postfix/good_recipient.map:

abuse@
hostmaster@
postmaster@
@$mydomain

# ---------------

The problem with the above: Now mail has either become incredibly
slow,

or nothing is getting through. So I've gone amis somewhere.

Can anyone shed some llight on this? I want to be sure that all "real"
local receipients still get their mail, but the spam gets filtered.

Thank you!!

Ric

Hi Ric,

Check things out on this site for setting up Postfix. Pierre has really
got it going on when it comes to setting up Postfix for doing things correctly.

http://pfortin.com/Linux/PostFix/

Mark
Thanks Mark, I'll have a look.
Currently, my filter seems to be an inverse filter. I'm NOT getting the mail I want, but the spam is flowing freely.. lol.

I did notice that Pierre references the same sites I've been using. I've just got a "bug" in the above (I've already made a few changes to the above). And.. you can't catch it all. Some spam is going to get through no matter what.

Ric