On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 16:30, Miark wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Don't be passive. If you, Ken Hawkins, want Mandrakesoft to prosper,
> then you Ken Hawkins, should do what you can to see that happen. I'm
> no suggesting taking out a bank loan to donate to Mandrake, but if
> you had already planned on renewing your subscription, then you
> should do so.
>
> If you don't, on the other hand, you'll be adding to their financial
> challenges--challenges that may force Mandrakesoft to let go of great
> people. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be part of the
> solution than part of the problem--even if I lose my stupid club
> membership money.
>
> And forget about pointing fingers at management. The current
> financial woes are the remains of the old management, not the new.
> Mistakes were made; mistakes were corrected--end of story. The only
> question now is what we can do to help.
>
> Remember Kennedy's, "Ask not what your country can do for you--ask
> what you can do for your country."? It's the same thing.
>
> Renew your membership.
>
> Miark

Miark:

Excellent post!  Kudos to you for that fine response.  I can't add much
to that, except to say that companies like Chrysler have weathered
bankruptcy protection in the past, and look where they are today.
Dennis Meyers was pointing this out in a post sometime yesterday.

So there are successful companies out there (big ones) that have had the
same dilemma as Mandrakesoft has now.  And they have grown and prospered
as a result.

In this case, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.18-6mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.2