Do you have the rpm database locked by a zombie/dead/half-dead/forgotton
rpm process somewhere? check all your processes and kill off rpm related
ones?

--
                Azrael

Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave
of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it
would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

ICQ#52944566
Registered Linux User: 269002