On Wednesday January 22 2003 03:08 pm, Robert Goshko wrote:

> You can look at my review of the beta:
>
> http://www.goshko.ca/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index
>&req=showcontent&id=4

 from the URL,
"I also had problems unmounting removable media (CD-ROM's and
floppy's). The system would always complain that the device was busy,
even after verifying that nothing I could see was "touching" the
drives."

   Look in lilo.conf (or grub), and see if your removable media drives
were configured properly. In my case floppy wasn't the problem, but
my CDrom an burner were. The Cdrom was now setup as scsi (my hdc).
Neither my burner (hdd) or CDrom would mount a CD for reading. It
appeared to (an is) a 2.4.21 kernel difference.

   The fix was to add (in my case) 'hdc=ide-cd' to lilo.conf an force
the CDrom back to IDE. Now it works great!  So simple, yet I didn't
figure it out (Pixel did). Expect beta3 to account for this.  Isn't
that what beta's are for ??