Pierre,

   Glad something good came out of my hair pulling.  What I've found out
so far is that Red Hat and any pcmcia based on Red Hat does this....Red
Hat seems to have take the high road... never mind that it doesn't go
where you need.  Since my BIOS is actually a BIOS for Dummies.(it
doesn't allow any IRQ adjustment at all.) I'm hosed unless I can force
IRQ's in the os bootup (Like I could in FreeBSD) or maybe eve switch to
FreeBSD on this box.  hmmmm I've got VNC working over the
internet.......

James