On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 19:41, SoloCDM wrote:
> If I use ide-scsi to operate a CD-RW, how do I mount the CD-RW
> (do I continue to use /dev/hdd for the CD-RW)?

why not just mount it at /dev/scd0? Works here out of the box. However,
if you insist on using ide-cd, you may tell the kernel scsi module to
avoid hdd -- it's a parameter passed through lilo, can't remember right
now.

> Would I need the
> sg module with ide-scsi?

yes.

> How do I keep an Iomega and a CD-RW from
> conflicting by using alias scsi_hostadapter for ide-scsi and ppa?

no idea.

> What is the sg module and how is it used?

scsi generic, can't remember the details but they're in the HOWTO. See
TLDP.org
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...