On Monday 03 February 2003 04:06 pm, Todd Lyons wrote:

> Praedor Tempus Atrebates wrote on Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 03:51:40PM -0500
>
> > Thank you for the help...NOT.  In any case, the "OT" DOES provide
> > warning that it isn't ON TOPIC and you can read at your own risk.
>
> It's also a flag to list owners that the user is abusing the purpose and
> intent of said list.
>
> > It sure beats the other OT thread on the list the other day.  Be
> > thankful.
>
> Please don't post OT posts.  Be a leader, not a follower.
>
> Blue skies...                 Todd

Todd:
With all due respect, putting this thread in the same category as that mess
last week is a huge leap. For one thing, this hardly a controversial topic.
For another, I doubt that I'll be block-deleting great numbers of comments on
this thread for the next five or six days before losing my cool. Finally, the
posting shows the scope of Mandrake users' usage of Linux. Praedor's error
was that he framed his question incorrectly. He should have asked if anyone
knew of Linux-based method to evaluate Fisher's exact, since it turned out
that one list member had written an article on the subject. Ponder the
improbability of that one for a while!
-- cmg (who wouldn't know Fisher's exact from Adam's off leg)