Todd Lyons wrote:

daRcmaTTeR wrote on Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 06:08:29PM -0500 :

I'm not mad.  I'm just trying to increase the SNR of this mailing list.
Ok...but whats SNR?

Maybe I should have written S/N Ratio instead.  It's an acronym for
"Signal to Noise Ratio".  It's an electronics term.  Any signal coming
in will have a certain amount of noise that it has to compete with.  The
SNR is the strength of good signal versus the strength of the noise.  In
terms of a mailing list, it means that we want more ontopic posts than
offtopic posts, where the desired quantity of offtopic posts is equal to
zero.

Blue skies...			Todd
ah...ok, that clears that up. Thanks. :)

--
Mark

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then who's the father?"
Linux User Since 1996