On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:15, Will Styles wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 05:43 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
> > J.P. Pasnak wrote:

<snip>

> > >  If you want to change it on a per-user basis,
> > > create an '.Xdefaults'
> > > file in your home directory and add the following
> > > lines:
> > >
> > >  -------
> > >  Xcursor.size: 16
> > >  Xcursor.theme: whiteglass
> > >  -------
> >
> > JP,
> >
> > You're my hero! thanks man...now ALL is right with
> > the world again. :)
>
> it doesn't work for me :(
> i put those lines at the end of my already-existing
> ~/.Xdefaults, logged out and logged back into kde. but
> i don't get anything other than the usual dull black
> cursor with a white outline. using kde3.0.3, mdk9,
> xfree 4.2.1. what could be wrong? i desparately want a
> cool cursor! :-)
>
> - Will

Question: Does logging out and logging back in restart X?
I know there was a keyboard shortcut that does restart X, don't quote me but
it might have been [Alt] [Backspace] or something similar. Nevermind it will
be in the KDE docs somewhere, probably alongside a more politically correct
method.

--
Michael