On Thursday 13 February 2003 10:07 pm, Jack Coates wrote:

> > > Win4lin and VmWare both have "trial" versions available through the
> > > club and I believe their sites as well.
> > >
> > > James
> >
> > Thanks. I actually have vmware. It isn't for me. I know lots like it. It
> > just adds so much overhead that I can't stand it. Then the crap you have
> > to deal with on devices like etherenet etc. It is just easier to have a
> > KVM switch and just jump back and forth. Win3lin is supposed to be fast
> > though.
>
> Disagree with me and DIE!!!! Kill!! Die!! Er, sorry, wrong list :-) I

LOL!!!

> did that for a long time and it was better than VMWare. However, I had
> to give the work laptop back when I changed jobs and had to minimize the
> number of computers overall when I moved (noise considerations, mainly).
> Still if you have more computers than you know what to do with a KVM is
> a heck of a lot nicer than multi-booting or virtualizing hardware any
> day. But if you only carry the one laptop and need to use tools in
> multiple OSs, VMWare can't be beat.

Now that I can't argue with! Besides I sure don't want to be killed or die. ;)
Have you tried that win4lin? It sounds like a way for me to get one step
closer to putting mickeysoft further behind me at home. Well a dedicated box
anyhow. It might work even better for you, since the performance hit you take
with vmware.

> > Don't you have to be like Silver or something? I gave them 50.00 or so
> > and that wasn't enough to get me anything. Well I guess I get to vote. :)
>
> I'm silver, but I just download the ISOs and it ain't on there.
> Theoretically I might could find it in the commercial apps section, but
> I haven't had a need to go looking.

I begining to worry a little about the viability of the company. Has it been
quieter (from the employees) than normal in the lists or is it just my
imagination?