Todd Lyons wrote:

Rolf Pedersen wrote on Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:05:28AM -0800 :

second barrage of stderr messages edited into my attempt. Is there not some way in the program's code to exclude these messages from the terminal, once the prompt has been returned, so as not to make continuing at the command line so optometrically/psychically challenging?

When you start the program, append >/dev/null 2>&1 to it.  Once it's
already started, no there's no easy way.

Blue skies...			Todd
OK, thanks.  I'll remember this for programs I start.