> That fits with my experience.  Also, if you panic and umount it from c/l
> you tend to upset it.  Closing all, as you say, usually does it.  One
> variatioon on your experience is that it may open and immediately close
> before you could possibly remove the disk.  It then automatically mounts
> the disk again, and you are back at square one until you've found what's
> bugging it.   I just make sure everything's closed, now.

This is a bug in konq, and apparently, it's being worked out for MDK9.1,
since i read a longish thread about it.
The problem is quite simple: Konq likes to update the directories it's
showing. for example, use konqueror to navigate to a directory,
and then delete one file from a terminal. the directory view in konqueror
gets updated almost immediately.
When konqueror is showing the contents of a CD (or was showing is and
therefore it's in the 'history') and you remove the CD, konq tries to see
what changed, and this triggers the remount of the CD instantly.

Damian

I don't want Windows to be only for the 31173. Yes, we've come a long way from
all those security holes, virii, and cryptic commands like "Edit textfile.txt"
(what in the hell is that supposed to mean?)