I have been trying to find the answer to this question and the closest I
have come is the O'Reilly book on Apache.  But I'm wondering if it is
specific enough.

I have apache 1.3.23.4mdk running.  I have virtual hosts configured and they
are working correctly with index.html.  Now I want to use a cgi script on
one of the sites.  The host to use the cgi script has the following
directives:

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.103>
ServerName www.xxx.com
DocumentRoot /usr/www/vtest/htdocs
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/www/vtest/cgi-bin/"
<Directory /usr/www/vtest/htdocs>
Options Indexes MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

When I go to the default file on the domain it works.  When I try to go to
www.xxx.com/cgi-bin/cgihello.plx I get the following message:

"You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/cgihello.plx on this server."

chmod was used to set the directory and file as follows:

directory: drwxr-xr-x
cgi-file: -rw-r--r-x

What am I overlooking?

Thanks for any help in advance.  Carter