You might want to check out the sun java page. There is some documentation about java that is compiled with the newer gcc, at least newer than 2.96. Seems that it is broke, and until sun releases a newer java version, we are stuck with java that does not totally work when compiled with the newer gcc's.

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration