On Saturday 15 February 2003 05:31 am, Charlie wrote:
> On Saturday 15 February 2003 03:33 am, Felix Miata wrote:
> > Anyone know who sells notebook PC's without the windoze tax included in
> > the price? Wal Mart & Tiger Direct only seem to sell ordinary PC's that
> > way.
>
> I only know about a couple Felix, but then I haven't looked lately. This
> page was hangin' around my bookmarks for a while, maybe it's worth looking
> at?
>
> http://www.oretek.com/laptops/
>
> And the two links to vendors that I know about:
>
> "Acer recommends MicrosoftR WindowsR XP Professional for Mobile Computing."
> That seems to mean they don't insist though. :-)
>
> http://www.qlilinuxpc.com/products/laptops/index.html
>
> These guys advertise "specialize in Linux compatible computers." They even
> show Tux on their site.
>
> Best of luck.
>
> Regards;
Try this link--desktop power in a notebook format and everything inside except
the battery (which is optional)

WITHOUT OS

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_nb_dsknt928ath.html

Athlon XP 1500+ 256Mb DDR RAM DVD/CDRW 20G
$995 US or $895 US without the CDRW which is refurbished.  The rest is new.

There are cheaper and more expensive models--caution is advised about the P4
models, because the chipset might be the infamous 845--have not been able to
get further info on that.

Civileme