Thanks for the tip! I've copied the /var/lib/sasl files to the respective
directory under /var/spool/postfix and it's working fine.

> Sometime ago i had setup a mdk8.2 machine with postfix and sasl which
> worked great. Now I've got another machine where i installed mdk 9.0 and
> did the same configuration but when I try to telnet into the postfix
server
> i get "535 Error: authentication failed":
>
> 220 server.home ESMTP Postfix (1.1.11) (Mandrake Linux)
> ehlo client.home
> 250-server.home
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-SIZE 10240000
> 250-VRFY
> 250-ETRN
> 250-AUTH CRAM-MD5 LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN
> 250-AUTH=CRAM-MD5 LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN
> 250-XVERP
> 250 8BITMIME
> auth plain dGVzdGUAdGVzdGUAdGVzdGVwYXNz
> 535 Error: authentication failed
>
> I've checked the password many times and it seems to be correct.
> Mailclients (outlook) also cannot login. I'm using the sasldb method.
>
> Does anyone has any ideas abou this?
>
> ___________________________________
> Leonardo Sá
> Recife - PE - Brazil

Just a shot in the dark, did you copy the sasl passwordfile to
/var/spool/postfix directory (if you use sasldb)? If you don't want to copy
this file, disable chroot setting in /etc/postfix/master.cf.

Martin
- --
H E L I X Gesellschaft für Software & Engineering mbH
Hanauer Landstrasse 52              Telefon (069) 4789 35-30
60314 Frankfurt am Main             Telefax (069) 4789 35-44
http://www.helix-gmbh.net                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----