J. Grant wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I did download the propreitary hpt370 kernel module, but it was only
binary and I could not get the root disk to work.  Perhaps I should try
a newer kernel than 2.4.19-16mdk, have you tried with the default mdk9
kernel on your board at all?

I have the latest bios for my board, I don't think much of highpoint's
support.

Cheers

JG

The default 9.0 kernel was one I had to rebuild for the hpt driver. The patches that allow me to use this controller as jbod w/o building a kernel came in at 2.4.21-0.pre3.2mdk. You could try installing the cooker kernel. Also, if these drives are WD, see the other posts about WD drives.