On Thursday 27 February 2003 03:02 am, Michael Adams wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 04:52, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:
> > Jack Coates wrote:

> > > yeah, I was kind of annoyed when I had to replace Win98 with Win2K on
> > > the kids' game machine to get it to actually run Reader Rabbit without
> > > puking all over itself...
> > >
> > > Duron 750.
> >
> > <chuckle>
> > Yeah, I hear ya! I tried Win2k on their box, but lost to many games
> > (don't remember which right now. It was a while ago).
> > So we loaded XP (ugh!). There were fewer game losses. But if I had time,
> > I'd put 98 back on. It ran better, and ALL their games worked. But I
> > just haven't had time... sigh...
> >
> > But.. This is drifting a long way from a LM discussion. :)
> >
> > Ric
>
> Take two hard disks.
> Insert the largest as hda. Make a small FAT32 Primary Partition, leaving
> space for linux. Install Win98 on this. Remove.
> Insert the other harddrive. Install Win2k or XP(shudder). Remove.
> Insert large (98) as Master and w2k as slave. Install linux.
> Edit LILO for two "other" boot options (copy and paste) edit "hda1" to read
> "hdb1".
>
> Voila, backwards, sideways and other compatability. Out of pocket for two
> crappy OSes but hey.
>
> If i missed a step, someone will point it out for me.
for me, I just install win98, then MDK, and I split MDK all over two hard
drives (one / on hda6, swap hda7, home on hdb5, /var hdb7) and have 9gigs in
hdb6 as ntfs for win2kpro, and just install win2k pro last, and chose the
remaining partiton for win2k. this way lilo has one win entre and that loads
the win2k boot loader adn then I chose which win to run.