On Wednesday 26 February 2003 10:51 pm, Tom wrote:
> On Thursday 20 February 2003 12:41 am, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > Does anybody know how I would create a slipstreamed set of installation
> > disks for 9.0 that included all the security updates.  Is it as easy as
> > copying the new packages to the cd images and removing the older version?
> > or is there some kind of remastering process that must happen?
>
> Greg,please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "slipstreamed" ? I
> have not heard of that term.

I dunno what slipstream means either, but, I will hazard a guess about
updating the CDs--  make directories, replace packages ./gendepslist to make
a new hdlist.cz, then install once and make3 a floppy of the package
selections, since the categorical selections will no longer relate to the
packages.

I personally make an install completion CD to run the updates off a fourth CD
after the regular install is done (plus Java, RealPlayer, Yahoo Instant
Messenger, etc) with a very short Python routine that calls rpm for each of
the packages and after checking that user desktops have been activated puts
icons on the desktop for a few items that don't go on menu.  I also add some
menu entries for the simplified menu cause I want OpenOffice to pop up there
instead of KOffice or the Gnome stuff.

Civileme