On Thursday February 27 2003 07:07 pm, Michael Scottaline wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:06:09 -0500
>
> Daniel Axtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:
> >Is there a simple way to be notified automatically notified of
> > incoming email?  I'm using kmail (by default), and tried to play
> > around with korn, which doesn't seem to do anything.  Is there an
> > easy way to do this?

> kbiff or gkrellm will do just what you want....
> Mike

    Kmail 1.5, don't remember if earlier versions had this, but I
think they did (I've never used it).

  Settings | Configure notifications, New mail arrived, there's
settings to play a sound, popup a mesg window, log to a file, etc.

  But I doubt there's any use for this unless you also configure kmail
to check for mail at regular intervals.