On Sunday 02 March 2003 07:15 pm, Bryan Whitehead wrote:

> What is your video cards temp? an over heating video card will segfault
> / crash / lockup. I had this exact problem, getting a fan for the video
> card fixed the problem.

It has a built in fan - how do I find out the cards temp?

> It could also be a bad video card, after it overheats many times it
> might just be shot. :(

I suppose - although it is brand new.

> But are they pushing the video card to it's limit?

Well, I don't know about the WineX games doing that, but UT2003 crashing after
2 mins, then doint nothing different but starting the game back, and it runs
for 2 hours, then stopping and starting it again to have in crash in 10
mins... You see, the randomness? :-(

> Try swapping cards?

I could but I hate to mess with their systems - they are solid.

Thanks for the reply.

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord