On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 01:25, Ken Thompson wrote:
> I have been trying to install several needed programs on 9.0 and 9.1 betas and
> keep gettong the failed dependency message for libGLcore.so.2.. A google
> search sent me to rpmfind.net and a further search turned up nVidia kernels
> and drivers. When trying to install these I get a message saying that an
> nVidia card is required. I have tried both the rpm, src.rpm and tar.gz
> methods all with the same results.. Where can libGLcore be found??
> Thanks all,

Dang, I know this one.

   It's caused when the builder of the application has an NVidia video
card and you don't .... I've had good luck with these by doing a nodeps
install.  This is I fear going to become an increasing problem as more
and more builders have this card installed and since rpm has no way to
say "ignore this dependency" I don't know a way around it. Like I've
said the program itself doesn't need this lib... but rpm building
creates the dependency just because it's on the box of the builder.

James