On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 10:13:50AM -0400, Adolfo Bello wrote:

> It shows a DNS problem that might be related to your printing problem.
>
> It is not resolving the server name and it defaulting it to IP
> 127.0.0.1. Is the printer a local or network printer? Is it attached to
> the server whose name can not be resolved?

The printer is a network printer and on http://localhost:631 cups has
always reported that it can't resolve the address but then happily
printed to it anyway.  I wanted to get fix it, but as it worked it went
way down on my list of priorities.

I think my problem is bigger/earlier than not finding the printer
because cupsd bombs out.

Dave

--
Dave Whiting