On Friday 07 March 2003 08:30 am, Adrian Golumbovici wrote:
> I know, that is why I am wondering why it freezes including the install CD.
> Even if I would have to have a "enterprise" kernel (as I read in some other
> answers), the installer should provide at least an alternative kernel for
> such situations. It reminds me of the >3G problem on Windows NT and I hate
> M$ products. :) Only in NT if you had more than 3GB you had to pull a
> module out, install and then put it back in. I even tried starting "alt1"
> from the install CD and still the same freeze. :/
just tell the install kernel you only have 256 with the f1 instead of "enter
to install or upgrade" and type (without the quotes) "linux mem=256M" and
then hit enter to install.
maybe the "freeze" ain't even a freeze, just a longer pause for processing
than you were used to, and is due to all that mem.