Yes, I agree it doesn't seem right.  So, what's your mobo?  Did you check
any unusual parameter in bios (e.g. for 0S/2 memory?).  Do you run
winblows too? Other possibility is a possible incompatibility between your
memories, I suppose.  Are they equal models?

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Adrian Golumbovici wrote:

> I will try now to boot the existing system by pulling one module out, rpm
> the enterprise kernel and then put it back in and see if it boots. but even
> if this is the solution it still doesn't seem right. :/

Alan Wilter S. da Silva
 Laboratório de Física Biológica
  Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
   Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil