make xconfig

make dep

make clean

make bzImage  (Image nor image)

make modules

make modules_install

make install

and (with the new kernel) depmod -a

 Adrian Golumbovici <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I do:
make menuconfig
make dep
make clean
make bzlilo
make modules
make modules_install
lilo

Everything works fine, but beside the new compiled kernel I cannot boot any
other pre-existing kernel in my lilo.conf. :/

If I install a system update I get a new kernel (from the update) and I
still can boot all the other pre-existing ones. If I compile my own in the
best case scenario I get a lot of mismatch by modules or not boot at all?!?
It looks like it overwrites some of my existing kernel and/or modules, but
only if I compile it myself. :/
So the old entries are still available at boot, but the boot doesn't work
right. :/

Can someone clear it up for me what am I doing wrong? I mean how the heck
can I compile my own so in case it fails at boot at least to get the option
to boot the old working one?

Best regards,
Adrian

Yahoo! Móviles
Personaliza tu móvil con tu logo y melodía favorito