On Sunday 09 March 2003 01:23 pm, David Relson wrote:
> At 12:03 PM 3/9/03, M. Talanana wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Did you install "kdeartwork"?
> >All the screensavers which come with kde are in this package.
> >
> >You can even put your own pictures in the directory
> >"$HOME/.kde/kslideshow/pics"
> >and select "Slide SHow" during configuring your screensaver.
> >
> >Give it a try with running this program:
> >
> >kslideshow.kss
> >
> >good luck,
> >
> >Mohand
>
> Hello Mohand,
>
> I discovered kdeartwork a while after posting my query.  It is now loaded
> and I see a reasonable list of choices.  However, when it's time for the
> screen saver to kick it all that happens is that the screen goes
> black.  The screen returns to normal when I use the keyboard.
>
> Perhaps the issue is the "Random" screen saver, which is what I like to
> use. (Gnome has such a great selection of different screen savers).  Using
> google, I found some mentions of non-working KDE screensavers.  Is that
> still true?  Are the ones for gnome compatible with kde?
>
> Thanks.
>
> David

Sounds like the monitor is going into power saving mode.  Check your power
management settings in the KDE Control Center.  It could be that the monitor
is going into suspend at the same time interval as the screensaver.  I
believe the X-server can also control dpms settings, so you might want to
look into that also.
--
Greg