iptables is off. hosts.allow shows All:All
The only line I have ion Hosts.deny is

ALL:ALL EXCEPT 66.47.48.52:DENY

I casnt find a log file that shows attmepted connects to port 110 or
anything that shows pop3

the configuration in xinitd for ipop3 looks fine is there another config
to look for.

Nmap still shows nothing open for port 110
chkconfig shows ipop3 running
drakfirewall shows everything is allowed from everywhere
Postfix is working I can send mail out.
port 110 will not allow connections from either localhost or from my other
boxes.

I am completly stumped. I even tried installing qpopper and that was no
help. somewheres something is preventing that port from being open. I just
cant find it nor can I find any log file that would give up any clues.

Bill Beauchemin
www.billbeau.net

    Home Of
 Beau's Bullet