On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:36:11 -0600
Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Seems simple to me, avoid buying Win-motherboards with built in
> fake raid.  Add on a real controller on a motherboard suitable for
> Linux if you need so many ide's.

Though completely true, Tom, the statement is not completely accurate.

Unless Roms Is a Raid controller it is an onboard ide controller which
Is supported by linux (Not a widblows controller)

The installation problem here is the fact that the driver mod for the
onboard controller is not included in the hd image but the driver mod
for the pci add-on controller Is included.

The same occurred with the 7.1 cds installation.
ATA100 add-on cards were supported but ATA100 onboard was not.

Ron, you can try passing the I/O addresses at installation start.
Sometimes this will work sometime not.

OTTOMH I do not recall the exact formula to use but if you want to try
it I can probably dig it up for you.

    Charles

--
Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as
it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat.