On 29 Mar 2003, James Sparenberg wrote:

>   I /etc/sysconfig/  the file suspend .... have you tried to uncomment
> the last line
>
> SWSUSP_FORCE_SUSPEND_MODE="0 2"
>
> This uses your swap partition to suspend to hdd.  I've tried it on my
> box and it worked like a charm... bit slow on the shutdown and resume
> but it works
>
> Oh yeah... you also need to add to the append line in your lilo.conf
>
> append="all the stuff you already have resume=/dev/hdaX"  where X is the
> partition number for your swap partition.  Run lilo and then try the
> command pmsuspend.

Hi List!

My MDK 9.1 box works with acpi and I can suspend to HD.  But what I realy
like is to suspend to RAM (in disk it take too much time), like I can in
Winblows XP.
Is it possible?  How?

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Alan Wilter S. da Silva
 Laboratório de Física Biológica
  Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
   Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil