True, but that's why standards are for...

Have a look at http://www.w3.org/ as they are working on html, xml, etc
standards and they pretend them to be widely spread.

M$ is not a reference to proof a standard. I read somewhere that M$
worked together with other companies to get HTML transactional 4 (look
the web above), but in the end what they have made is:
their products to understand the standard they among others aproved, but
when designing a web page by default their programs violate it!!!

For example:

They don't close some tags, use options that does not exist, ...

Don't know about xml treatment, but from what I know about html, don't
think of how M$ products XML output is, but if they read the XML
produced by another program.

--
           Diego  Dominguez
              __/\__