I have an old Dell GX-Pro with a Pentium Pro 200, 128 Meg, 3COM 3c905
Boomerang 10/100baseT and Adaptec 2940UW scsi (no IDE enabled). Its a test
machine I use at work and I thought I'd upgrade it first to check things out
before upgrading my main home server machine. I'm glad I did the test
upgrade but now I'm afraid to upgrade my home machine!

After upgrading I noticed that my DHCP client had been switched from dhcpcd
to dhclient. Although I was getting an IP address and my machine thinks it
has a fully qualified host name, the host name was not showing up in DNS
with a fully qualified domain. I also found that KDE was now hanging just
after initializing and I was getting xinetd errors in syslog every few
seconds. I'm assuming that KDE can't connect to itself so to speak. I tried
to use drakxconf, linuxconf, webmin, some manual tweaking to get the
networking to work. When using the 'automated' tools a tulip card as well as
the 3c905 kept getting detected. Since I only have the 3c905 the insmod
keeps failing. I also end up in a loop with drakxconf trying to install
drivers from CD but for some reason the device file for the scsi CDROM has
disappeared. I've tried running through the upgrade a couple of times hoping
for magic but not receiving any. I guess its time to re-install from
scratch!

I'm willing to put up with a lot but this is too much for 9.0 to 9.1
upgrade!