On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 01:16, Rob Gillen wrote:
> I've been seeing some strangeness with NEdit on Mandrake 9.1 whenever I
> use File->Open from an already open edit window (which has a loaded
> file) to open another file.  When the second window opens, it looks
> normal, but any interaction with it is impossible -- menus do not work,
> and the actual editing portion of the window will not permit changes of
> any kind or even highlighting.  It acts very much like the application
> has locked up.  However, the first window still permits editing, and
> when you finally close the first window, the second window, which
> remains, then permits editing.  If you continue this -- opening another,
> then closing the working window to make the non-interactive one
> interactive -- you will eventually reach a point where when you do open
> a secondary window, that window will *allow* editing interaction on the
> opened file.  This usually occurs after the 4th or 5th file.

I found a thread about these problems on the cooker list. This link is
the end of the thread:
http://www.nedit.org/ftp/v5_3/executables/nedit-5.3-1.i386.rpm

The binary they are talking about can be found at
http://www.nedit.org/ftp/v5_3/executables/nedit-5.3-1.i386.rpm

--
Robert W.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the
Beginning and the End." -- Revelations 21:6