Thanks guys, but all of this doesn't work for me- even with all dependencies
taken care of. Tex has replaced the 5 kdebase rpms as of today, to fix these
problems. My problems remained  after reinstalling kde 3.1 from Mandrake cds,
and even after a complete reinstall 0f 9.1 and kde, except for /home. I did
remove /home/.kde, but now something leftover from the 3.1.2 attempts keeps
overwriting the /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc file on reboot (see the thread on
pclinuxonline if you want the details). Nothing has solved this on my box,
even without any kde 3.1.2 stuff installed- I think I would need to reformat
/home partition and reinstall, then install the new kde 3.1.2 kdebase fix
(may27) from Texstar. I'll try it without formating /home first, just to see
if I'm lucky, and can avoid having to copy all my data to another medium. Tex
is pretty sure the new rpms will solve the problem.

Robert Crawford