On September 1993 plus 3556 days Albert E. Whale wrote:

> Vox wrote:
>
>>On September 1993 plus 3556 days Albert E. Whale wrote:
>>

>>>I am installing 9.1 on an existing system, similar issues encountered on
>>>the 8.2 installation (weren't these resolved yet?).
>>>
>>>Anyway the mdkkdm installation issue I get, and reconfigured it for kde.
>>>
>>>My problems are:
>>>
>>>1. Installer did NOT recognize the S3 Video Controller  (is this a BAD
>>>Video Card?).
>>>

>>  S3= Sucks...only thing worse in my experience is Trident...those
>>  things suck planets through capillary straws.
>>
> Thanks, that MAY Explain a little on my frustration.  I'll get another
> Video  card to replace it.

  I like NVidia cards...matrox is good...probably ATI, if their driver
  is good (I wouldn't bet on it, based on their history).

> This however does not explain the KDE Desktop Issue, any other
> sugestions?

  No clue about that at all...haven't touched KDE in many years.

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_