hey,

just upgraded my server from 9.0 to 9.1, went fairly smoothly but my
Postfix SASL setup is now busted. Since I need SMTP AUTH to work, this
is a problem :-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jack]$ rpm -qa | grep sasl
libsasl2-plug-srp-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl7-plug-login-1.5.28-5mdk
libsasl2-plug-sasldb-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl2-plug-plain-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl7-1.5.28-5mdk
libsasl2-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl2-plug-crammd5-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl7-plug-crammd5-1.5.28-5mdk
libsasl2-plug-anonymous-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl7-plug-gssapi-1.5.28-5mdk
libsasl2-plug-digestmd5-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl2-plug-gssapi-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl7-plug-digestmd5-1.5.28-5mdk
libsasl2-plug-otp-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl7-plug-plain-1.5.28-5mdk
libsasl7-plug-anonymous-1.5.28-5mdk
cyrus-sasl-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl2-plug-ntlm-2.1.12-1mdk
libsasl2-plug-login-2.1.12-1mdk

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jack]$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 felix.monkeynoodle.org ESMTP Postfix (2.0.6)
EHLO dork.doo.dk
250-felix.monkeynoodle.org
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
250-XVERP
250 8BITMIME
^]

I've gotten a few errors in the logs but have gradually eliminated all
of them except:

Jun  1 09:34:03 felix postfix/smtpd[2219]: warning: the
"check_relay_domains" restriction is going away; use
"reject_unauth_destination" instead
Jun  1 09:34:03 felix postfix/trivial-rewrite[2135]: warning: do not
list domain [insert any of my virtual domains] in BOTH mydestination and
virtual_alias_domains

which seem unrelated and non-urgent, so can wait until sending mail
works :-)

Everything looks okay per the Postfix SASL howto,
/usr/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf has pwcheck_method: sasldb -- one thing is that
there are now sasl2 directories at /usr/lib/ and /var/lib/, so I've
copied the sasldb and smtpd.conf into their respective other locations.

Any idea where I can look for my next clue?

thanks,
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...