no offense, but for some reason i had the whole history of the discussion in
the mail. my problem is very detailed in this history.

i installed mandrake 9.1 with 2 hds on primary and 2 burners on secondary ide.
what i want to do is exchange one of the cdroms with a new ide hd.
which is formated.
and all the "normal" procedures don't work.
which is why i'm turning to you people in desparation.