On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 08:01 am, Russell W. Behne sent this :-
> When asked during the install what keyboard to use I selected
> U.S./international as I always do. (I do this so that I can easily type
> European characters like the German umlaut and esset characters.)

I have installed the US International keyboard and it threw up wrong
characters in Mandrake 9.0 So just use US keyboard.

But if you want to try another keyboard configuration to see if that will
change anything, go onto the Big K on the panel, then Configuration, then
Mandrake Control Centre, then hardware and you can change your keyboard there
and see if that makes any change.

There is even a German keyboard layout there, with or without Dead keys. That
might help also. I am uncertain if it was Mandrake, but there was an option
to use dead keys even on the US keyboard in an install. But I never tried it.

HTH

Charlie.

--
Due to circumstances beyond my control,
I am master of my fate and captain of my soul.

Ashley Brillaint

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.0, Kmail v1.4.3 and
OpenOffice.org1.0.3