[I apologize if this will show up as duplicate but the original seemed not to
reach the list]
----
I have installed linux Mandrake 9.1 on my SONY VAIO GRV6161S Laptop.
Since the VAIO has no PS/2 ports I bought the following adapter to attach a
PS/2 keyboard and mouse to one of my USB ports :

http://www.gwctech.com/ebproductdetail.asp?id=48

Everything works fine under winXP (I am on dual boot), but on Mdk the only the
external keyboard works.
the external mouse is not seen, only the  laptop's touchpad (which is seen as
a PS/2) itself is detected.
In both cases the keyboard works at boot time, before any OS loads.

I searched the web - but could not find a solution yet.
has anyone got a clue ?  I'd be happy to load additional drivers ...

cheers,
Edo

PS - more info :

/var/log/messages contains the following lines:
Jun  9 22:46:43 edolxv /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB product
0/0/0
Jun  9 22:46:43 edolxv /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup usbkbd hid for USB
product d3d/1/1
Jun  9 22:46:43 edolxv /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB product
0/0/0
Jun  9 22:46:43 edolxv /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup keybdev for USB product
d3d/1/1

and this is the output of KDE's USB Viewer:

Generic USBPS2
Manufacturer: Tangtop
Speed: 1.5Mb/s (low)
USB Version:  1.10