Dear experts:
   I have installed mdk9.1, but when I have tried to configure the
display, an error message appear:

"xfs is not running"

and the configuration fails ...
(I have a normal viewsonic monitor, nvidia graphics card)
(it was working fine in mdk9.0)

well, when I started the computer.. (in text mode), xfs is running ok,
... I have tried to run "startx" manually, but after a while...:

/etc/X11/X (errno2)
giving up

xinit: no such file or directory (errno2)
unable to connect to xserver
xinit: no such proccess (errno3) server error

---
Before the last installation of mdk9.1, I had the problem of the Promise Chip
and mandrake 9.1.. that I fixed up in the present installation  (with the new
images provided by someone here )  ... but now, is X that doesn't works

Any idea ?

Rodrigo Sanchez
DGF.UCH