Vincent Danen wrote:
On Tue Jun 10, 2003 at 12:37:20PM +0200, Joerg Mertin wrote:

[...]

I use Corporate Server 2.1 on all my machines.  It's stable, secure, and
handles the load quite nicely.  You can automate updates with urpmi by
throwing it in a cronjob.

It's not free, but it works extremely well.  CS2.1 is based on Mandrake
9.0+updates.  It does the job very well here.

Yep - I agree, but using CS2.1 for 750,- $ is a little bit too much for what I want to do with it. It's allways a compromise between price and what I'll get out of it. But - as I do only do some OS development I publish under GPL & for fun, I won't spend more than 200,- $ for the OS I'm working with. And if I don't find anything that suits, I'll most probably go to Debian - even if I don't like their packaging system.

I wonder if Mandrake has some program for external Admins/Developers to test their Server packages... I have quite a long experience with servers and weird setups running Linux, also security related that might help out (Check my homepage)... Anyone from Mandrake might want to comment ?

Cheers

        Joerg
| Joerg Mertin              :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (Home)|
| in Neuchâtel/Schweiz      :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     (Work)|
| Stardust's LiNUX System   :                                          |
| PGP 2.6.3in Key on Demand :  Voice & Fax: +41(0)32 / 725 52 54       |
Home-Page: http://www.solsys.org