Wine never worked for me, but crossover (a commercial thing based on
wine) did.  I'm running photoshop, macromedia flash, and several other
windows-applications which I need for work on my linux box.
Yes, I paid for it, but it was (and is) worth every cent.

Since wine is published under GPL, crossover has to free the source
code, so I expect wine to make fast progress in the future.  Maybe you
can check out their website, and follow it up ?

Steven