Those apps run smoother with crossover than they do in windows :-)

For games (forgot to mention that) you're better of using wineX I
suppose, but I'm not familiar with it.  I'm not much of a gamer.
Crossover Office is developed especially for the use of desktop
applications, and I don't think it supports directX.

Steven