On 12 Jun 2003 11:53:00 -0700
James Sparenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    You're right, but my understanding from Warly during the various
>    beta
> and rc cycles was that anything in release contrib is resigned with
> MDK's sig before release. (at least there where a lot of people
> checking this point for him.) with cooker contrib yes... this is a
> problem. (and people are always noting bad sigs there.)  However
> nothing new gets added to release contrib does it?  It would seem that
> updates would go into update not straight into contrib.  But maybe I'm
> mistaken.

Many/most contrib rpms Do Not contain the builders signature Only the
Mandrake sig.
These will all install without error.
It is Only the contrib rpms which Have been signed by the builder that
give the sig error during installation.

You have 2 choice you can import the sigs from a key.server for you root
keyring or you can disregard the sig error.

Disregarding the error will in no way compromise security as all contrib
rpms are Still verified to contain the Mandrake sig.

    Charles

--
interest, n.:
        What borrowers pay, lenders receive, stockholders own, and