Maxim Heijndijk wrote:
Does anyone recognize this problem ? How can I setup mozilla to download RPMS when I click on them ?

Hi.  Your utilities look like exactly what I've been looking for, BUT
when I click on any of the links to download them I end up on a black
screen (about 836 bytes big) with nothing on it. I'm running Mozilla 3.1 on
Mandrake 9.1 Linux.

It seems you have a misconfigured Mozilla. The .rpm extension is often
configured for .rpm RealAudio files. Everything works fine here, I'm still
using 9.0.

Thanks for the reply.  The problem is definitely not on your end. I have not
yet figured out how  to fix the problem directly. I tried seting up a Mozilla
helper application for files of type rpm, but that didn't do anything.

I didn't have this problem in 9.0, but when I installed 9.1 this problem also arose here. I fixed it by deleting the rpnp.so link from the mozilla plugin directory (/usr/lib/mozilla-1.3/plugins/rpnp.so).

-Open your Preferences in Mozilla.
-Go to Navigator => Helper Applications
-Click on New Type
-MIME Type needs to be: application/x-redhat-package-manager
-Description is: Red Hat Package Manager
-Extension is: rpm
-Select "Save it to Disk"

That should work.
--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
				-Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)