Hi all,

I just installed/configured/secured my own postfix server with a dyndns address. My dyndns entry is as MX server registered and it is working. I normally have about maximum 5 minutes offline time. My provider disconnects me each 24 hours, but linux PC connects again immediately and updates dyndns entry, which normally takes about maximum 5 minutes to propagate). In this time the dyndns still points to the old ip address, which is either not connected (no user got it in so short time) or points to someone who doesn't have the ports opened (no email server). I wondered what happens if someone/some-server tries to deliver me email in this time. Will it be bounced or will it retry and finally send it to me when connection available again?

Best regards,
Adrian